Understand the fundamentals and advanced concepts of databases to enhance your data management skills.
~ 2 min read
With the growth of users, one server is not enough, and we need multiple servers.
- One for web/mobile traffic
- One for Database
So that they can scale independently.
Databases are of two types
- Relational Databases
- Non Relational Databases
|Relational Databases||Non Relational Databases|
|SQL Databases||NO SQL Databases|
|Can be used when data is structured||When Data is non Structured|
No SQL can grouped into four categories
- Key Value Stores (Redis)
- Graph Stores (Neo4j)
- Column Stores (Cassandra)
- Document Stores (S3)
- Your application needs super low latency.
- Your data is unstructured, or you do not have any relational data.
- You only need to serialise and deserialize data (JSON, XML, YAML, etc).
- You need to store massive amount of data.
Do you have any questions, or simply wish to contact me privately? Don't hesitate to shoot me a DM on Twitter.
Have a wonderful day.